We are moving from winter which is governed by the Kidney/Bladder meridians into the Spring time of Liver/Gallbladder but dont jump up too quickly. Its not quite time to come out from sleepy, still hibernation. We must keep the Kidneys warm, tonified and well fed.
Our Kidneys store what is called Jing in Chinese Medicine. Jing is our very essence, our DNA, our core energy. We cannot build on it, we have it from birth and through life we slowly use it up; like a candle we don’t want to use all our wax and wick too quickly when the flame burns too brightly. Jing is especially usefull for the body at 7 year intervals for women and 8 for men. These are times when the body goes through great hormonal shifts. Beginning with loosing our babyteeth at 7 and puberty at 14, prime babymaking 21-35, to perimenopause at 42 and menopause at 49. All through our lives and especially at these crucial pivot points it’s important to fuel our body in the right way. Low Jing and poor kidney diet will create problems at hormonal life shifts so dont eat too many kidney depleting foods such as caffine, ready meals full of refined salt and sugar, keep them strong eating oats, barley, millet and Sesame Seeds. There’s no use forging weapons when war has begun so dont wait until there is a problem before taking action. Feel well and feel wise with the food choices you make.
Sleep is especially good for the Jing and the Kidneys. If you have problems falling asleep try out the Potent Acupressure points in this 3 minute video.
In my next blog I will list foods that help preserve the Jing so dont forget to sign up to receive posts
If you would like to learn all about Staying Youthful and Vital with Shiatsu Bodywork, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Food as medicine – join us for our annual Wise Women – Well Women Retreat – 26, 27 and 28 April 2019 – Bobbio Centre, Brittas Bay, Co Wicklow
- Conscious Cooking Classes focusing on recipes to improve kidney and liver function, boosting metabolism, lowering cholesterol, generating cellular repair and balancing hormones
- Amazing Vegetarian Meals
- Gentle stretching and Yoga sessions – Yoga for all levels including the deeply restorative Yoga Nidra practice
- Guided Healing Meditations – increase energetic flow through all the centres of the body
- Self Shiatsu sessions – learning major acupressure points in the body for everyday health & well being
- Time to rest and walk in the stunning grounds and secluded beach in North Wicklow